FUll Episode Redesign & Testing
The goal of this project was to:
- Completely redesign the full episode experience to make it easier for consumers to find what they are looking for
- Clearly communicate which videos are available in front of the wall, behind the wall and those that have expired
- To increase downstream video views and tie related content to a particular episode (ex: extras, behind the scenes, bonus clips, uncensored items)
Create a new full episode experience that would scale across all Viacom Music and Entertainment brands.
- Conducted a competitive analysis of available full episode players.....ALL OF THEM
- Held a UX design workshop with all business owners to gather their requirements and input
- Created wireframes of the potential solutions
- Conducted several rounds of usability testing to determine the best experience
As confirmed by usability testing, a vastly improved user experience was created. This new design significantly improved the ability for a user to find content while aligning with all outlined business requirements.
In this prototype the entire experience stays on one screen. When the user clicks to watch a video it opens in an overlay and displays the related content tied to that video. If the user selects something different they have the option to minimize the video, continue to browse or completely close out of the video.
In this prototype the entire experience stays on one screen. When the user clicks to watch a video it opens in-line and displays the related content tied to that video. The user can easily scroll between different full episodes to find the one they are searching for.